Couples have been trying to create romance in their relationships since the beginning of time, yet every Valentine’s Day many frantically search for a way to make the day memorable for their special someone. There are many ways to celebrate this special day, but for the truly romantic, spend this February 14th doing something unique and special with the one you love.
Here are 10 great ways to spend Valentine’s Day in the Riviera Maya:
- Relax and Recharge: Leave behind the stress of daily life and surprise your special someone with a soothing moonlight couples massage on the beach.
- For Music Lovers: There are many restaurants and bars in Cancun and Playa del Carmen that feature live music. Cozy up with a cocktail (and your honey of course) and groove to their smooth sounds.
- A Day in the Sun: Pack a picnic basket and your swimsuit for a romantic day on the white sand beaches of the Mexican Caribbean. Swim in the crystal clear, turquoise blue Caribbean Sea, and then watch the sun set and that lovely afternoon light wash over your loved one’s face.
- For Night Owls: If you prefer moonlight over sunlight, plan a nighttime beach champagne picnic under the stars, and begin an endless night on the Riviera Maya’s magical beaches.
- The Adventurous Couple: If you are one of those couples who connect during the adrenaline rush of a great adventure, Cancun and the Riviera Maya offer some great options for you this Valentine’s Day. Fly over the jungle canopy on a zip line or discover nature’s wonders in underground caves and cenotes.
- Cooking for the Heart: If the expression “the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach” is true, then reach his (or her) heart by learning to create some special recipes in the Riviera Maya. If you prefer someone else doing the cooking, enjoy a delicious meal at one of our restaurants that range from Mexican to international cuisine.
- The Language of Love: Since Spanish is such a romantic language, romance your partner and tell him or her how much you love them, in Spanish. “Te amo” = “I love you”.
- Give a Little: While reconnecting with your special someone on a romantic getaway, consider including a tour from Kanché, a non-profit civil association that uses the proceeds from its tours to generate socially oriented projects that help the environment and the community.
- Reconnect with Nature: With its lush green jungles and soft white sand beaches, the beautiful Yucatan Peninsula offers you many wonderful ways to reconnect not only with your partner, but also with nature. Visit a preserved nature park and enjoy a day of hiking through the jungle or snorkeling or scuba diving in the clear blue waters of the Caribbean Sea.
- Do Not Disturb: Spend the entire day with the “do not disturb” sign on your door at one of our all inclusive, luxury resorts. Enjoy the company of your partner in private while relaxing in a soothing bath or bubbling hot tub.
About the Author
Kristin Busse is currently a travel writer but has worked in many different industries. She lives in Cancun, Mexico and plans to use her diverse experiences to write about the Yucatan Peninsula from her unique perspective.